Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Mercy ...

Life never fails to surprise me …

On my way to work today, I had a lot on my mind .. busy days ahead , lots of reports I gotta prepare, couple of meetings I better attend ..

And as our new genius governor decided , the renewed pavements are freakishly high , as if old people and little kids don’t live in Alexandria in his age …
Anyway I was pretty much absent-minded and in high heels and on the next second I tripped and almost fell if it weren’t for that nice old lady who practically ran to hold me in her arms so I don’t fall to the ground.
How kind and caring she was when she did it ,simply got me puzzled …
And then she started to ask me several times if I was sure I’m ok and not hurt , and if I’m not dizzy or anything. And she – so motherly – asked me to stand still for a minuet before I keep on walking to the office to make sure I got breath back to normal.

Just when I started to believe life is so dark, and people are devils in disguise .. an occurrence like that crosses my way and everything changes …..
As little as it was it affected me big time …
A very sincere heartfelt act of kindness from a total stranger …
I guess it’s not entirely hopeless yet if we still have compassion in our hearts for one another ….

God mercy his slaves who are merciful
- Prophet Mohammed PBUH -


No comments: