Monday, February 25, 2008

My Valentine ...

I’ve never liked February, probably because of the whole valentine festival, I never had a valentine and I always hoped that next year is gonna be the one ..
which never happen so far ..

On the 14th I was as usual feeling low, besides that I woke up feeling dizzy, my flue was getting worse , so I decided to take the day off and stay home .
And that night I congratulated myself for escaping to watch the reddish parades filling the streets ..

Next day I had a visit from my aunt and cousin ..
My 11 years old niece was there as well, and she brought me a little valentine's gift ...
She took it the same way Mostafa Amin did, as a day for love, that a one should celebrate by giving a gift to someone they love most ..
And so she choose me ..

I was truly and deeply touched .. it changed my mood 180 degrees around and of course I didn’t bother to correct her or explain the difference between valentine and the Egyptian love day :-)


2 comments:

AmatoALLAH said...

MOLED SIDI FALANTINO EL A7MAR this is my funny comment about that strange day … I didn’t like that day for all that feelings you talks about and all that Red rounding us that day
Love is around us every moment from very single dear heart person all we have to do is just feeing it. And I think you lived that day with the best way you can thanks ALLAH

Pink Unicorn said...

Dear Loomy,

yeah I agree with you, but I admit I also always wanted to celebrate it in my own way with someone special .. but.. !!!
:-) yalla mesh mohem

but yes, Menna really made my day, so thank God for her.